Suffixes – ness – is used to form Noun
Suffix – ness is usually put after adjective
For examples :
1. bitter – bitterness = kepaitan
-The bitterness of her experience has taught her to be more careful now.
2. bright – brightness = kecerahan / kecerdikan
Some people prefer brightness in color while
some others prefer dark ones
– His brightness in math makes him get scholarship.
3. clean – cleanness = kebersihan
– The cleanness of your clothes surprises me.
4. conscious – consciousness = kesadaran
– the accident has caused him to lose consciousness for several minutes.
5. dark – darkness = kegelapan
– We can not see well in the darkness
6. eager – eagerness = keinginan
– His eagerness to know about English makes his mother send him
to English course.
7. forgetful – forgetfulness = sifat pelupa
Your forgetfulness makes me wonder.
8. good goodness = bebaikan hati
– I think there is some goodness behind what he has said.
9. great greatness = kebesaran
A statue is a symbol of the greatness of the person for whom it had been built for.
10.happy – happiness = kebahagian.
Everyone always wants to get happiness.
11. kind – kindness = kebaikan (hati)
Thank you very much for your kindness
12. ready – readiness = kesiap siagaan
Everybody shows their readiness to face the examination.
13. sick – sickness = rasa sakit
He needs a lot of rest because of his sickness.
14. lonely – loneliness = rasa kesepian
I feel loneliness when all my children go to school.