PRACTICE ON ENGLISH GRAMMAR – 1A
CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
1. I … fried rice last night.
A. didn’t eat
B. didn’t ate
C. didn’t eating
D. wasn’t ate
E. wasn’t eaten
2. My sister can … well but I can’t.
C. to cook
3. My daughter can …. neatly but my son can’t.
D. to write
4. I must … my assignment well today.
E. to do
5. You may not … this wire. It is dangerous.
B. to touch
6. You should … your teacher’s explanation.
C. to listen
7. My brother will … his study abroad next month.
C. to continue
E. be continued
8. My aunt may … my house next Friday.
B. to visit
E. be visited
9. You should not … late tomorrow.
B. to come
10. You may not … a car on this street fast.
B. to drive
11. You must … patient if you study English.
B. to being
D. to be
12. We shall … you at the airport at 9 A.M.
D. to meet
13. The police will … you if you drive fast.
B. to stop
E. to be stopped
14. The car will … by mechanic tomorrow.
C. be repaired
D. to repair
15. The test must … in 30 minutes.
A. be done
B. to do
16. Students should … well.
A. be taught
D. to teach
17. My house will … by my neighbor tomorrow.
A. be painting
B. be painted
C. to paint
18. I will … you tomorrow.
B. to telephone
E. be telephoned
19. You may not … at my house more than 3 days.
B. to stay
20. The farmer will … rice in the rice field next week.
B. to plan
21. I must … my clothes now.
D. to iron
E. be ironed
22. You may … to my house tomorrow.
C. to come
23. Students may… only two mistakes.
C. to make
24. The lesson isn’t easy …
B. to learn
25. The test is very difficult …
A. to do
26. We must … newspaper to add our knowledge.
B. to make
27. The sniper can … accurately.
D. to shoot
28. Many Children … in the beach yesterday.
A. playing sand
B. played sand
C. to play sand
D. plays sand
E. play sand
29. My sister … her house every morning.
C. to clean
30. You can … these exercises at home.
31. My friend … to Bali last Tuesday.
32. Ryan … his car carefully last Wednesday.
D. to drive
33. Some taxi drivers can … their car well.
E. to drive
34. Traffic policemen … busy in the rush hours.
35. A postman … my letters last Thursday.
C. to bring
D. was brought
36. Many people … cigarettes nowadays.
D. to smoke
37. That bus usually … outside my house.
C. to stop
38. I … at SMA 1 Gresik some years ago.
C. to work
39. My uncle comes to Bali … Sundays.
40. Somebody … my bike at my house yesterday.
E. to steal
41. My friend … a new house in Solo last month.
C. to build
42. A lion … from the zoo last week.
B. to escape
43. Ryan … English fast so I can’t understand him.
E. to speak
44. My son … all the food on the table last Friday.
D. to eat
45. I … to call you yesterday.
B. to forget
46. My mother … me much money last Saturday.
B. to give
47. I … this shirt all by myself last Monday.
B. to makes
48. I … 100 dollars a year to rent this house.
C. to pay
49. My parents will … me about it.
B. to tell
50. I … a letter to my brother in Jakarta two days ago.
A. didn’t sent
B. didn’t send
C. wasn’t sent
D. weren’t sent
E. didn’t sending